Monday, August 15, 2011

LGBT

MindBlock here, who's gonna rant about a rather delicate subject. LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans)

Being someone who tends to have gender troubles and what not, I sometimes hate how disrespectful some people are about these things. Now, I know, there are a lot of things that'll make people have different opinions, but what I'll rant about is the maturity of the people around me.

Being in high school, there are MANY people who seriously don't understand. Our school does have a gay-straight alliance club, but still, many of the students are incredibly immature about these things.

I heard a story where a bi friend of mine was remembering some of the boyfriends he had, and someone around us continuously "CORRECTED" him, saying things like "Don't you mean your girlfriend???" The way he said it though wasn't a sincere question, it was in a mocking tone.

Now when I heard this, I knew I had to vent out because god dammit it, if you make fun of my friends about these things, and I find out, my friends will have to duct tape my mouth shut with the whole roll. Because I will tell you off....I will scream and fuss and defend with all my pride. Course, that's only if I'm REALLY PISSED OFF.

I usually try and explain it as maturely as possible, because it's a rather delicate subject to talk about. But if they think I'm joking with them about it...well...prepare the duct tape, a chair, and a rope to tie me down.
Yeah. There. First rant. Whoo.

Next time I'll make sure it's something more geeky, since that's what I usually rant about around friends. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment